Who Am I ?

Hello !

I'm a 19 year old full time student at Austin Community College pursuing a degree in Social Work and a minor in Sociology.

I do not have any political background due to my young age, and I actually don't understand half of the issues that are going on in our country today! But that is where the government class comes in. I hope to develop a better understanding of the issues at hand today. I plan on even learning even more information about how our government is ran today, and how it came about this way.

I hope you all enjoy this semester as well !

Sequra!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alabama Appeal Denied

October 18, 2012 CNN posted an article titled Appeals court denies Alabama's request for new hearing on immigration law. The people of the state, mainly the ones that are immigrants, were upset at the ruling. It was said to be an important and wrong issue by some an Alabama defendant.  Many blocked parts of the Alabama law included language that actually made it a crime for illegal immigrants to work. Renting property, or hiding an alien or etc! This article was important in a sense that immigrants are being limited in Alabama. How can they start or seek a new life if their way of making a living is illegal. If they are going to be able to come to America they should be able to have fair treatment just as a born citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment